Best smoothie recipe to maximize nutrients
“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” Who else grew up hearing this?
In Ayurveda medicine, breakfast is just that. A nourishing nutrient–dense meal to begin the day with health and wellness.
In my previous posts, I’ve talked about the importance of BALANCED meals for hormone health, blood sugar balance, and to optimize gut health. What’s the BEST balanced breakfast that’s quick and easy on-the-go?
Here’s the recipe I use daily. I typically don’t measure out my portions but here are the estimates:
I N G R E D I E N T S
2 celery* stalks (or about 90 grams)
1 cup of cucumber (or about 3 inches, or 60 grams)
1/3 cup carrots
1/2 cup blueberries*
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp flax seeds
3 Brazil nuts
2 sc collagen powder
2 handfuls of greens*
1 thin slice of ginger
B L E N D
Add in your favorite milk and blend together.
N O T E S
– I typically add 1/2 water and 1/2 milk (cashew*, almond*, or coconut) at the very end before blending. I add enough milk/water so it covers about 3/4 of the ingredients.
– For seeds, I switch between pumpkin+flax or sunflower+sesame.
– For greens, I use spinach*, kale*, and collard greens.
– For detox support, I add in more greens and an algae powder such as chlorella or spirulina.
– If you can’t buy all ingredients organic, the * notates ones that I recommend to buy organic.
O P T I O N A L
– For sweetness, add more strawberries, a ripe banana, medjool dates, maple syrup, or honey.
– For more protein and nutrients, add eggs.
– For more flavor, add spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg.
– For healthy fat, add coconut oil, coconut cream, or avocado.
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe! It’s packed with nutrients, fiber, and all the good stuff. My favorite thing about this recipe is that it keeps me full for hours. mMm…